Wheel Mounting Compound WM-10™ is an extreme-pressure compound for press fitting and mounting steel railroad wheels to their axles. WM-10™ contains Muscle Metal Treatment MT-10® technology for improved lubricity. This enormously improves the ease of mounting and reduces alignment problems. WM-10™ polishes, seals and protects the metal surfaces for improved wheel-to-axle fitting.
Wheel Mounting Compound WM-10™ is the safe alternative currently being used in the industry as a direct replacement for linseed or lead wheel mounting compounds. WM-10™ is neat and easy to apply, so you can avoid the mess and fire and toxicity hazards of other compounds. Additionally, its unique purple color provides easy identification on the surfaces of the axle and wheel.
- Mounting steel rail car wheels to their axles
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- AAR approved
- Improves wheel-to-axle fitting
- Reduces alignment problems
- Reduces chatter & noise
- Protects from friction, heat & wear
- Safer than linseed oil & lead compounds
- Will not spontaneously combust
- Easy to apply
- Visible after application
For more information on Muscle Wheel Mounting Compound WM-10™, click on the links below: